Frequently Asked Questions
LikeLocal.io is a cultural immersion experiences platform that connects locals and travelers. We open local doors to travelers and the world to locals.
Through our platform, travelers can visit locals' homes for lunch or dinner, birthdays, weddings, festivals, arts and crafts creation events, or any other activities that take place in their real lives.
This guide is for our guests to understand how the platform works, based on frequently asked questions.
This is for individuals who want to participate in authentic cultural immersion experiences.
I would like to attend a wedding/dinner/other event!
Excellent choice! We're sure you'll love it.
Here's how you can proceed:
- Click on the country list where you currently are or plan to travel
- Select the event profile based on your city location and travel schedule
- Book the event if it's available*
- Check your email; you should receive all the details there!
- Use the website's messenger to discuss details with the Host (pick-up location, contact exchange, etc.)
*If there's no event available on the date you're interested in, please contact the LikeLocal.io Team, and we'll try to arrange it for you.
Remember, if you have any questions during the process, we're available 24/7 and happy to assist you.
I'm having issues with making the payment. What can I do?
Thanks for letting us know! Sometimes banking systems can be complicated, and payments might not process. If this happens, please book the activity online and make your payment in cash in person. Just pay our Host directly.
How to overcome the language barrier?
Very good point. We select our hosts with the condition that at least one person from the family should speak English. Although, many of them are not proficient or fluent in foreign languages, but that is the beauty of traveling too, when people are able to communicate with unfamiliar groups. However, in this regard, we offer the following solutions:
- translate.google.com - By using this site and writing in any language, you can translate your text into a fairly extensive list of other languages. Normally, locals from many countries use it.
- We can also recommend a unique mobile app that will ease your travel regarding languages in general. It is called “idict” and here are links for App store and Google play downloads. You can see the video instruction here. You can use this referral code for a 30% discount: 3EYhcl, as a LikeLocal user.
I have other plans on the same day. Can I adjust the event time?
You're an honored guest, and you'll be treated as such. Locals are very accommodating and will make efforts to ensure you're comfortable. While the event is scheduled from X:XX PM - Y:YY PM, they are flexible! You decide how long you want to stay and participate. Simply communicate with the Hosts to coordinate the arrival time.
Can I take videos and photos?
Absolutely! In fact, we encourage you to capture quality photos and videos to reminisce about later. We appreciate user-generated content, so please tag us in anything you share @likelocal.io!